Last Updated 11/01/2022
If you are a California resident, please see Your Individual Rights below for more information about your specific privacy rights.
We have instructed our website administrators to include information regarding these privacy practices anywhere on the Sites where Personal Information is collected.
DECLARATION OF CONSENT
You may withdraw this consent at any time by notifying us at email@example.com or by writing to Phase 1 Consulting Inc. Attn: Privacy Advocate, 55 W Moroe Street Suite 1120 Chicago, iL 60603.
Generally, you may browse the Sites without directly providing any Personal Information (though we may automatically collect certain non-sensitive information as described further below, such as IP Address and log information). However, we may ask that you provide information, including, without limitation, Personal Information, at various times and locations through the Sites. For example, if you decide to register with the Sites to request information, you will be asked to provide information such as your name and email address. When using forms on the Sites to communicate with us, you may choose to provide other Personal Information, such as your name, company name, mailing address, phone number, and email address. We may collect and store any Personal Information you input into the Sites.
PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information when you transmit it from your computer to the Sites and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Sites may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on the Sites, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
We may collect the following types of information about you:
- contact and account information, such as name, email address, telephone number, physical address;
- financial information, such as bank account number and other billing information (paying customers only);
- technical information, such as Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- unique identifiers, such as date of birth (job applicants only); and
- employment information, such as company name, business address, phone number, email address or other professional information, such as trade union affiliations; and
- inferences drawn from any of the information we may collect creates a profile about you reflecting your preferences.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the information collected either directly from you or indirectly via multiple sources provided, individually or in an aggregate form, in order to:
- contact you about the Sites;
- notify you about important changes to the Sites;
- evaluate products or services we could offer to you;
- monitor or improve use of the Sites;
- compare and otherwise use data entered by users for any purpose including consulting, research and marketing; customize any advertising and content you see on the Sites;
- notify you of construction project opportunities for which you via responses to our profile questions have indicated may be of interest to you;
- share business contact information, obtained by us from sources of Project Material, between you and others who are either: unpaid Users invited to review Project Materials or a paid User to one of the Sites;
- provide specific information to you from us and/or our affiliates; and
- send you promotional material from us and/or our affiliates.
YOUR INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
With certain legal exceptions and limitations, you may exercise the following rights. We will not discriminate against you, in any manner prohibited by applicable law, for exercising these rights.
- Access: You have the right to request information about the categories and specific Personal Information we have collected about you, the sources of Personal Information, the purpose for collecting the Personal Information, the categories of third parties to whom we have sold your Personal Information or shared it for a business purpose and the types of Personal Information sold or shared. You may also request information about any third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information for those third parties direct marketing purposes. You may request this information at the contact information above.
- Deletion: You may request that we delete your Personal Information.
- Right to Opt Out of Sale: You have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties.
- Correction: You have the right to ask us to correct your Personal Information.
You may exercise these rights by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, writing to us at 55 W Monroe Street Suite 1120 Chicago, IL 60603, or calling +1 (312) 223-1170. We will respond to any such requests within 30 days of receipt.
PERSONAL INFORMATION RETENTION
Personal Information will be stored for as long as the information is required to fulfill our legitimate business needs or the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected, or for such period as is required by law.
DATA TRANSFERS TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EU/EEA
Data entered on our Sites are transferred to a server in the U.S. and stored there. Your data may be used and disclosed by the Company and its divisions, holding companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, or other entities outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) including in the U.S. Please note that in countries outside the country in which you live, and in particular outside the EU/EEA, a different standard of data protection might apply than the standard that you are used to in your own country.
DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We sell subscription access to our Sites which provides Personal Information about you, specifically business contact information (as noted above), to unrelated companies for their independent use. We also may share your Personal Information with the categories of recipients described below:
- Phase 1 Consulting divisions, holding companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- Third party service providers or other entities that are involved in the operation of the Sites, help us provide you with our products and services, and that otherwise -support our relationship with you (such as billing and account management). In such cases, our agreements with these third parties do not permit them to use or disclose Personal Information for purposes other than fulfilling those services.
- Unpaid Users who have been invited by a third party to review Project Material for which your Personal Information may have been included.
- Law enforcement, government agencies, or other regulators to comply with law or legal requirements, to enforce our agreements, and to protect our rights and the property or safety of Phase 1 Consulting, our users, or third parties.
- Transactional parties if we, or some or all of our assets, are acquired by another entity, including through a sale or in connection with a bankruptcy.
- Your employer or coworkers if you receive our products or services in connection with your employment.
We may also share Personal Information that has been anonymized or aggregated with third parties for any purpose.
DATA PROCESSING ADDENDUMS
For customers and vendors of Phase 1 Consulting, Data Processing Addendums are available here.
DOMAIN NAME AND IP ADDRESS
We collect the domain names and IP addresses of our visitors for statistical purposes, to measure use, to improve the content or responsiveness of the Sites, or to customize the content or layout of the Sites for the individual visitor, and to evaluate fraudulent activity. We may also aggregate information relating to our visitors' traffic patterns from the data that we collect and retain concerning the IP addresses and domain names of our visitors, and we may divulge such aggregate information about our users with third parties such as our business partners, distributors, and service and support providers.
You should know that e-mail is not necessarily secure against all forms of interception. If your communication includes sensitive information about you or your company and you would prefer not to transmit this information in this fashion, please contact us by post or telephone rather than e-mail.
We collect email addresses that are: volunteered by the visitor; through e-mail messages addressed to us or our employees; through visitor responses via the "contact us" portion of the Sites; voluntary completion of certain self-registration forms; project plans and specification documents; public permits; plan holder, bid tab and award lists or e-mail marketing destination web pages and public events. We use e-mail addresses for marketing purposes and to inform those interested in our products about events, products, services or other items of interest. We also allow other subscribers to use your email addresses to promote their project opportunities to you. We may also use e-mail addresses volunteered by our visitors to process orders for brochures and other written materials, or otherwise to respond to a visitor's request.
On the Sites we will ask you to consent to being contacted by us for promotional and marketing purposes. However, you may opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing emails at any time by notifying us as a reply to any unwanted e-mail, by using the unsubscribe function in our newsletter, contacting us at email@example.com, or by writing to us at Phase 1 Consulting, Inc. Attn: Privacy Advocate, 55 W Monroe Street Suite 1120 Chicago, IL 60603. Requests to unsubscribe from Phase 1 Consulting e-mails may take 5 business days to process.
The following categories of cookies are used on our website:
These cookies originate from a third-party website other than the one you are visiting. They serve to collect data based on your online behavior, such as interests, location, and search trends.
Google Ads, Doubleclick, Facebook Pixel
These cookies are essential to enable you to navigate around our website and use the features. Without these cookies, some of our services and features cannot be provided.
ccAuth, security (such as username and password log-in)
These cookies are used to help us understand aggregate site usage as well as performance.
HubSpot, Google Analytics
These are used for personalization of the customer experience, including marketing.
Hubspot, Google AdWords, OpenX, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
These cookies allow the provision of enhanced functionality and personalization, such as videos and live chat. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these functions may not work properly.
Managing Cookies and Settings
Blocking cookies in your browser: Browsers allow you to remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. For more information about cookies and how to manage or delete them on your device, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Advertising industry opt-out tools: You can also use the following opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
- Digital advertising Alliance: https://optout.aboutads.info
- Network Advertising Initiative: https://optout.networkadvertising.org
Platform opt-outs: The following advertising partners offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings: Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
Using privacy plug-ins or browsers: You can block our site from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features or installing browser plugins and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
DO NOT TRACK
We do not honor do not track signals from website browsers at this time. We do use service providers, including Mixpanel when logged into certain Phase 1 Consulting applications, that do honor Do Not Track.
On behalf of the provider of the Sites, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Sites, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website provider. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at:
Our Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to us through the Sites. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not access, use, or provide any information on the Sites or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us Phase 1 Consulting, Inc. Attn: Privacy Advocate, 55 W Monroe Street Suite 1120 Chicago, IL 60603.
Whilst every effort and measure is taken to reduce the risk of data breaches, we have dedicated controls and procedures in place for such situations, along with the procedures that are required to make notifications to the relevant Supervisory Authority and data subjects (where applicable).
COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS